Make Conservation Science Your Legacy
Gifts of Real Estate: FAQs
Here are some questions we will need to answer to determine if your property will be helpful to us:
- Is the property void of any liens?
- Are there any environmental concerns with the property?
- Can our organization actually use the property for our work?
- Is the property marketable and salable within a reasonable period of time?
- What are the costs associated with accepting and holding the property?
- Can we realize a positive net return on this property?
You will receive an income tax deduction equal to the appraised fair market value of the property. An independent qualified appraisal is required for this purpose and it is up to the donor to acquire such an appraisal. Donating your property may also reduce your estate costs and taxes as well.